Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"What Do YOU Want To Be When You Grow Up?"

Hi everyone.  I know I'm a little late doing this post.  Well, more than just a little.  But I wanted to gather as much information as I could about this subject, and of course, that means yes you guessed it, talking to a lot of people.  And from the conversations that have been coming up, it seems that people want to re-think or re-examine their lives.  To, go back, so to speak.  To re-invision their lives, and what routes they could have taken to make things different in their lives.  so, here is the word that was given by a young person on Sunday.  "Imagine That."  I found his definition of Imagine so intriguing, that I wanted to really anaylize this word so I went to Wikepedia dictionary, and this is what I came up with.

Imagine= To form a mental image of something not actually present to the senses;
                 to invision or create something in ones mind.  To think, believe in, or fancy.
                To assume, to suppose or to guess.  To picture, conceive of, or realize. 
                To realize is to make an imagined thing real or concrete to oneself; to grasp
                fully, its implications.  To have the faith in, to believe that it will surely      
                come to pass.

Now, when I was in my teens, and then my early 20's, slightly younger than I'am now,
I imagined many things for my life.  I imagined going to paris and living in Europe for a portion of my life.  I imagined being so wealthy that I could help as many people as I could to get completly out of debt, and teach them how to stay out of debt.  I imagined opening a bath house for the indigent and homeless to be able to have a place to go to bathe or shower, and get a fresh set of clothes and a good hot meal for the night.  They could only do this on a long term basis if they were willing to come off of the streets and be housed in transitional housing to re-introduce them into the woking world.  And I wanted a house for orphans that would get them off of the streets, give them a loving structured environment, and lead them to Christ as well. 
I never wanted to be rich or famous, but I did want to be a world renowned novelist, writing the most awesome and incredible love stories, but that wrote with a ghost writer so no one would really know who I was.  And I would sit back and smile, and know it was really me all the time.  I imagined soooo, many things in my life.  I had a mental image of something not actually present to my senses.  I did NOT imagine that I would be a all the things that I have been, ultimately leading up to where Iam now, an assistant Pastor/Under Shepherd of the church I have attended for the last 18 years.  Wow!  But sometimes God has to grow you up, before he can do what he REALLY wants to do in your life.  The word came on yesterday, "Imagine That."  So, these next years of my journey will be greater than the former years, because, I dare to imagine all that God has in store for me.  A move of God in my life like never before.  Supernatural and Devine health and healing in my body.  Saved and Spirit filled children.  A house completely in order.  My brand new house built from the ground up.  A fully thriving business.  Riches and prosperity and increase in my life.  More than I can ever dream or Imagine. 
And I WILL have my bath house for the homeless and indigent!  I dare to Imagine!

No matter how old we are, we all have some growing up to do, somewhere.  Spiritually, or naturally.  And as we allow God to grow us up, our belief or our faith will grow too.
So, here is the question.

What do you want to be, when you grow up?

No comments: