Monday, January 30, 2012

"FEAR"

FEAR. 

F = False
E = Evidence
A = Appearing
R = Real

Dictionary.com defines it as:  A distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc. whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.  Concern or anxiety. 
Then there is, reverental awe, especially toward God. 

There is no denying or arguing about it, everybody is afraid of something.  Whatever the reason, good or bad, right or wrong, whether we are supposed to be or not, there is something that distresses you, causes you grief.  It may be something as small as a spider, or as large as a dog.  As loud as a clap of thunder, or as dark as the night.  It could be the fear of the number 13, or certain colors or smells.  Everybody, is afraid of something.  It could be the fear of losing, losing your job, or not accomplishing a feat, or the fear of not reaching your expected goal that you have set in life.  It could be the fear of heights, or of being enclosed in tight places.  It may be the fear of being or getting sick, or even dying.  Everybody, is afraid of something.  It could be fear of not being successful, not being accepted, not making correct choices, not fulfilling your destiny, commitment, or relationships.  But if you are truly honest with yourself, Everybody, is afraid of something whether we should be or not.  If we were not, we would be a lot further along than we are right now.  We give no room or credance to the enemy, we speak nothing into existence, but we will pull these thoughts down once and for all.  We want to know, that you know, who you are, and what the word of God says about you, and about fear in your life.  These we WILL comment on if you need us to.  And we will stand in agreement with heaven for complete irradication of fear out of your life.  
Prov. 6:30 talks about the thief, and it says, "but if he be found, he shall restore 
                sevenfold.  He shall give (or give back) all the substance of his house.
He's been found out!  We will conquer fear once and for all!

So, here is the question,

What are you afraid of?  How has it/or how does it hinder you faith walk? 
How have you/or how can you change that? And, is there such a thing as a healthy fear?

Now, tell me what you think.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power,and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7.

I believe that fear is a tool that the enemy of our soul is beginning to use against us. Fear causes a crippling effect. If you remember running from a dog as a child, you remember that the only words you could think of was bite and run. The harder you ran the less your legs seemed to work, Sometimes they even seemed to go backwards. What most people don't think of doing, is to stop running and face the enemy, and watching him skid into you with confusion,and then retreating as fast as he can.

Don't be mistaken because satin knows that when we know who's we are, he'd better run.

The trick is to make us think that he has the "POWER" and he does not. If I believe the word of God I know that "NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST ME SHALL PROSPER". That includes the weapon of the mind.

Fear in it's very nature can rock you right off of your foundation. I used to be afraid of spiders until I got trapped in the bathroom with one. At one time I would run into a wall trying to get away from a spider. On this day I was taking care of business and he came right into my space ,and I couldn't get to the door. I guess I didn't want to take a chance of him biting through my shoe. Which was a dumb thought to begin with. I felt stupid (or powerless) until I found the lysol spray. It was the power that I needed to take care of the problem.

It may sound funny but when we know and trust the word of God, and when we know the character of God. We can boast in who we trust.

No matter what life may bring our way. We can trust the word of God to remind us of who we are.

The only fear that we are supposed to have is the FEAR of the Lord which is an inward attitude of love, respect, and reverence.

Ask God for the peace that passes ALL understanding and watch him work.

Vonnie G.

Anonymous said...

I have to wacth what I listen to and see. I feel fear when I watch Innapropriate, or simply bad things on t.v and when I listen to Music that I know God wouldn't like. every time I do these things, I get bad feelings, im scared of everything, and I feel like something is in my house. When I listen to Christian music I feel happy, safe, loud, and my attitude is WAY better. Fear, for me, only comes when I know something is wrong.
~Keely Gross

Jrock said...

According to Genesis 15 chapter God made a proclamation and a promise to Abram. God declared to Abram fear not, I am your thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward! God purposed for Abram to walk and dwell in Kingdom Authority and Dominion. Abram was a man of Great Faith in God. We must understand that fear is the opposite of faith. I cannot have Faith in God and be consume with fear. Now let’s not get it twisted I am no saying that you and I will not ever have feeling of fear depending on the circumstances. As a Man or Woman of God we are not to be consumed and paralyzed by fear. We can experience feelings of fear when we take our eyes of Jesus and allow the enemy to enlarge a situation before us and try to make us believe that God is’nt powerful enough to deliver us from causing a seed of fear to take root. Abram had feeling of fear yet he still believed God for the promise of a son. So, God’s word prevailed and the Word of God will always triumph when we trust in him and lean not upon our own understanding.

reyeschosen1 said...

to me we use fear as an guard to protect ourselves from dealing with reality. In the words of one the most creative poets ever William Wordworth stated "What are fears but voices airy?
Whispering harm where harm is not.And deluding the unwary
Till the fatal bolt is shot!"....fear comes from hearing,feeling or seeing the negative of your or somebody elses situation...most of us doesnt even have a fear we mix our emotions up with what looks like fears..i have personal thought i had an fear of betrayal,(not wanting to get close to anyone because i always ended up hurt)still to this day i have an hard time opening up to. confusing my emotions up with what i thought to be a fear caused me to be in a room of people in still feel alone, this was an healthy "fear" because it taught to trust and lean on the lord...What a friend we have in Jesus....I believe that God uses are fears to bring us closer to him;becaus, when all else fail we want have an choice but to try Jesus.

Dresha said...

my fear is not a good fear learning not to be afraid to speak up for myself and not be walked all over by people; wheather it be family, friends, and etc. My fear in this so bad that when certain family members are arond me i feel like I am 5 years old and I just want to get away from the person, but i can't because she is someone very close to me.

Unknown said...

A lot of people feel that way. We are just too feaful or high minded to admit it. My mom still tells me to say hi to my aunties and uncles when we get together for a family function, even though I'am well over the age that this should happen. And as you learn who you truly are in Christ and who He created you to be, you will be more than willing and able to begin to speak up for yourself. "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: Marvelous are thy works; (Dresha), And that my soul knoweth right well." Psalms 139:13-15. Remember that.

Anonymous said...

Satan uses fear to steal the word of God from you. In God's word is truth and strength. Fear hinders you for accomplishing your goals and what God intends for you in your life. If we didn't have fear what all could we accomplish? If we abide in Christ's love, we can't have fear. When fear rises up, speak God's word, believe God's word, and walk in God's truth. No weapon (fear) that is formed against me shall prosper!