Sunday, August 5, 2012

"The Bucket List"

A lot of times we can get pretty deep and heavy with the subjects that we choose to discuss here, but every now and then it's a good thing to simply sit back, take a deep breath, exhale, and talk about things that are not so life changing.  So, a few years ago I started to create "A Bucket List." You know, a list of all the things you would like to accomplish and do, or all the places you would like to go before you are dismissed from your earthly vessel.  Pass away.  Now, of course all of us would rather meet Jesus in the air in the rapture rather than having to walk the lonesome valley that we all must inevitably walk, but lets face it, we may not get to.  Even with all the "Rapture Practice" my husband, my children and I used to have when they were younger.  Oh yeah, that's right, "Rapture Practice."  Oh you never had "Rapture Practice?"  Then you don't know what you are missing.  Well, first after making sure that we all were saved, praying the sinners prayer, my husband used to line us up outside, and we would raise our hands up to the heavens, and jump, jump, jump till our little hearts were content.  We said some hallelujahs, and some thank you Jesus' too.  You may say that sounds just a little bit crazy.  Go on and laugh if you want to.  But it was fun, and it assisted in helping keep the children focused and grounded, so to speak, on who they are in the kingdom of God, and that we are only visitors passing through this world.  In it, but not of it.  And that one day soon our Lord Jesus would be coming back again to rapture us up in the clouds.  And guess what?  20 plus years later, they still remember, "Rapture Practice."

I said we were not going to get too deep today didn't I.  So ok, back to the "Bucket List."  Well, my youngest son Sam had a part time job for a little bit this summer, and this child having such a generous heart, loves to give.  And he will give everything he has.  Including his last.  One particular pay week he decided to buy all the of the fixings for smores.  The giant marsh mellows, the hershey bars, and the graham crackers.  So they were in the kitchen making smores when suddenly he appeared in front of me and said, "Here mom," holding out a giant smore to me.  My first instinct was to tell him no thank you darlin, because I don't care a great deal for too many sweets.  But instead I took it.  And while he stood there watching in anticipation, I took a bite of my first smore ever.  I was so pleasantly surprised.  I looked at him and said, "Wowww!  Thank you Sam.  This is the first time I have ever had a smore."  And he was so pleased that he had been the one to give me my first smore. 

I'am 40 plus years old. : ), and that was the first time I had ever had a smore.  I have about an equal amount of years in front of me as I do behind me, so there are still quite a few things I would like to do in my life.  And if that was the first time I had had something so simple and assesible, then I have a whole lot more doing to do, and I better get started.  But here are just a few things that I would like to do.  I want to go to Paris and to Andelushia Spain.  (Probably spelled that wrong).  I want to visit Ireland.  I want take a cruise.  I want to have my first novel published.  I want to be independantly wealthy so that I can help others come up out of their situations.  I want to have a business in the top 10 of forbes.  I want to meet Mya Angelou and President Barak Obama.  I want to feed the hungry and have my bath house for the homeless.  I don't need to jump off of or out of ANYTHING! 

You may have dreams and things that you would like to do before someone yells, "Times Up!"  Most of us do.  Some of us are young, but some of us have passed the middle, or are quickly approaching it.  So share with us, and let us share your dreams, goals and visions, your "Bucket List" with you. 

Tell us.  We would like to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never made a bucket list and have never put into great thought what I would like to do before leaving this world. Just off the top of my head...I want to make a difference in the world. I want to have an impact on people's lives. I want to be in a position where I can help others financially and with basic needs, I want to give hope and encourage people in the Lord. I want to help people to be healed and set free from the bondage of sin. Although, I would like to be married, have a family, travel...